Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

In my house we are forced to hide our Easter eggs inside the house...FUN! The hard part is finding them all when the kids are done looking for them. My hubby just asked me "how many eggs did we do again?" Uh-oh, I sure hope I counted right, no one wants to find that egg next week!

All in all, it was a good easter morning. I have high hopes for the rest of the day - yeah right! After I have cleaned up from breakfast should be about the time my kids enter their sugar rage from the jellybeans and chocolate bunnies. Ah, such a wonderful holiday.

We shall see how our family makes it through church with these hyped up kids. I think this is the phase in my life when we are just litterally "making it through" church anyway. I am so busy keeping hands busy and mouths quiet that I usually don't hear anything being said over the pulpit. But, that is not as important as the fact that we are there, right?

Spring break is in a week, YIKES! Hopefully I can fill it with activities, play dates and trips (to everywhere except the ER!). I will be happy with everyone making it through the week.

Well, Happy Easter to all, and may all your eggs be found.

:o)

11 comments:

Greg said...

I remember keeping hands busy and mouths quiet, and some how what was said over the pulpit got in and testamonies grew . . . and it will do the same with you too!
I'll Love you Forever ~ Dad

Randi said...

Hey girlie! I love your post. Such is my life right now too! LOL

We didn't decorate eggs this year -- this holiday snuck up on me (I mean, March 23?? Crazy!).

Love you!! ~Randi

Unknown said...

love the new blog!

but, please tell me we have TWO weeks till spring break?!?

must go check my calendar now LOL

Happy Easter!

Ginger

matthew and suzie lamb said...

well we are doing our 2nd shot at raising kids.//// going to church with-or without sugar is the same here. the 3 we have are a barrel of fun, sometimes. you can catch us at our blogspot. http://matthewanssuzielambsblog.blogspot.com
we have had a fun easter. love yoiu guys, pop

matthew and suzie lamb said...

happy easter to the lambs in germany. we chose to do the sugar fix after church. we missed sacrement because of 2 things we were running late and we talked to ty from bagdad this morning. i hope all is well with you guys. raising kids agian is fun but not as much fun as it was the first time. we have a blog spot also. have a great spring break.. iwonder why they call it a break????????"

Suburban Correspondent said...

Saw you at Dawn's place and thought I'd pop by - didn't realize you were brand-new! Welcome to the blogosphere! You're going to love it here.

You do realize, don't you, that you are not a wife to any little ones? You are their mother! You may want to post your kids' ages in your profile, it helps people get to know you.

And (per your comment to Dawn), a sense of humor really helps when you are raising a bunch of little ones. I don't know how people can survive without one.

Tonya Staab said...

Welcome to the blogging community. I picked you up from Dawn's Because I Said So blog and being a fellow military wife felt compelled to come over and sympathise with you :).

I came up with a trick this year for the egg situation. Each child had 10 eggs - Our baby girl had 5 purple & 5 pink, our little boy had 5 yellow & 5 green and our big boy had 5 orange and 5 blue. It worked :)

The Fillmore Floggers said...

I am glad you started a blog. You sound as enthusiastic as me about my days! lol

Darc

Amanda said...

How fun, you will have to add some more photos so we can see your kids. I will have to email you our blodspot address so you can see the boys. -Amanda

The Yost Clan said...

Cute Blog! welcome to the blog world :)

Eric & Sherryl Garrett said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so glad that my kids are all grown now. Don't do much of that stuff anymore. But we got two grandsons now though. Russell and Trent. Russell is 3 and is a handful even when both his parents are watching him. Were we that hyper as kids? I don't remember being that hyper. I suppose my Mother remembers. Hee hee hee!
Love you guys,
Eric & Sherryl Garrett